THE INCUMBENT WILL BE REPORTING TO THE CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER STATIONED PLACE: MOUNT AYLIFF
JOB PURPOSE: Manages the key performance and result indicators associated with the Financial section of the agency through the implementation of laid down policies and procedures dictating financial reporting and recording requirements, providing input into long term objectives setting and financial planning sequences and; Direct and execute accounting procedures and processes associated with controlling creditors or debtors accounts, investments and fixed assets and debt administration. The incumbent will be required to sign an employment contract, a performance agreement and disclosure of financial interest.
• Grade 12 • A National Diploma in fields of Accounting, Finance or Economics or related field equivalent to NQF Level 6 OR
• Certificate in Municipal Finance Management or Certificate Program in Municipal Development (CPMD) in line with Minimum regulations on competency level of 2007 (SAQA Qualification ID 48965
• Minimum of five (05) years proven experience in local government of which at least two (02) years must be at Middle Management Level in finance preferable in local governance environment and at least three (3) years at any level in a role related to the position of the official
• Ability to communicate and negotiable at all levels of government and with all relevant stakeholders
• Competency in the use of computers especially in Excel, Power Point, Outlook
• Extensive knowledge of Performance Management Systems in a local government environment
• A valid driver’s license.
Overall management of the Finance Unit ● Management of Budgeting, Expenditure, Payroll and Reporting Units • Performing financial analysis of the agency to identify its status regarding financial viability and sustainability • Supporting management to submit to the parent municipality and Auditor General such information returns documents explanation and motivations on finances as may be prescribed or required • Financial reporting which included amongst other reports the preparation of Annual Financial Statements (AFS) and Consolidated AFS • Advising all staff and departments on the requirements of the applicable accounting standards (GRAP) and the relevant accounting transactions • Performing the planning, quality time and resource management in respect of financial month and year-end closure procedures, developing and implementing accounting policies in alignment with applicable accounting standards • Developing expenditure and co-ordinate the implementation of payment system that ensure that all transaction are authorized appropriately and payments are made within the applicable legislative time frames • Reviewing of the Commitments and Retentions systems and registers for accuracy and completeness • Playing an active role in Risk and Change Management on Accounting and Reporting • Ensure financial and performance management • Providing leadership to staff and management within Budgeting and Expenditure Unit.